Head of Regulatory and Government Affairs for Global Atlantic Financial Group
- MA, American University, 2001
- BA, American University, 1999
Selected work history
- Vice President, International Government Affairs, 2018-2020
- Director, International Regulatory and government Affairs, 2014-2020
- Director, International and Insurance Regulation, ACLI, 2009-2014
- Government-Affairs Specialist, Insured Retirement Institute, 2009
- International-Policy Analyst, NAIC, 2005-2009
- Senior Government-Affairs Analyst, Sumitomo, 2001-2005
A Maryland native, Lauren Scott is a results oriented government affairs professional with extensive experience in financial sector regulation.
Informed by an advanced degree in international affairs from American University, Scott distinguished herself at Sumitomo Corporation, National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and the Insured Retirement Institute by building coalitions, developing consensus positions and leading positive change.
From there, she moved on to the American Council of Life Insurers as director of international and insurance regulation, advocating for policy positions by testifying in front of the NAIC and the IAIS on the impact of global insurance regulatory standards and potential challenges they posed to market access and competition.
She joined American International Group (AIG) in 2014 to lead their global advocacy efforts in D.C. Scott worked directly with business leaders to carry out key initiatives in AIG’s priority markets. Earlier this year, she joined Global Atlantic Financial Group as Head of Regulatory and Government Affairs.
This report is brought to you by our Vignette research team. Vignette, by National Journal, is a new database service, which now includes 10,000 in-depth profiles on policymakers and influencers at the federal, state, and local levels. Sign up to access profiles at njvignette.com.